Have you realised the importance of installing the safety surfaces? Are you planning to install the rubber flooring? Do you want guidance related to it? Do you want to know how to take care of them once they get installed? Do you want to know how to clean and maintain them? Do you want to know the things to do and the things not to do while taking care of it? If the answers to all the above mentioned questions are yes, you are at the perfect place and this is going to be real interesting for you.
‘Flooring’ plays very important role when it comes to home improvement. One needs to take a lot of care while getting the flooring work done. Along with the appearance, you need to consider safety factor too. The best example where you get the safety along with beauty is ‘Rubber flooring’.
When it comes to the places like playgrounds or splash pads, where there is high chance of slipping down, you must get the rubber flooring installed. It maintains the better grip that prevents people from falling down. They can be installed at residential and commercial places.
Most of the people have understood the significance of this non slip flooring. So, most of them have started installing the rubber flooring in their house because of its long list of benefits. They have a long life and are easy to maintain. Even if there is dirt accumulated on it, it gets cleaned easily and quickly.
So, once you get them installed, there are a few factors that you need to keep into the consideration while cleaning and maintaining it. There are some dos and don’ts for the same…
1. The dirt and the dust either from the windows or from your boots can get accumulated on the floor. This can be a major issue if not removed from time to time. So, it is advisable to sweep or vacuum it daily.
2. In order to minimise the amount of dirt and small debris, it is advisable to place rugs at the entrance and exit of the room. The more frequently you will clean it, the less time you will take to finish it.
3. If you get a stain, you can wet wash it easily with the help of the mop. A cup of white vinegar with a gallon of water and few drops of lime juice can make the floor spotless. You need to consider is that, you need to make sure that you do not use any acidic cleaning agent to remove stains. In fact, use the cleaning agents that are recommended by the manufacturer or the installation company.
1. Well, the most important rule is not to touch the floor for at least 72 hours after it gets installed. The adhesive needs time to sink in and set hold. After the three full days, you can consider that the complete installation process is finished. Once it is done, you can start treating it as floor and start cleaning and using normally.
2. If you are using the buffing machine to clean the floor, make sure you are not operating it at more than 350 revolutions per minute, as it may damage your floor.
3. Do not use the pads and the steel wool scrubs for cleaning the rubber floor. They are so harsh that they will leave the scars on the floor.