Some things you need to know
Types of Ceramic Flooring Bathroom Tile Designs
Typically ceramic tile is divided into two types. One is called quarry tile and is made by extrusion from shale or clay that is found in quarries. The other is made from compressing the dust of clay. Both are fairly equal in their look and feel and each are equally represented in wall tile, mosaic tile, and floor bathroom tile designs.
– Quarry tile is a clay ceramic bathroom tile design the lets the natural clay colors stay intact. The color of these flooring tiles comes from the mixture of different clays used as well as the level of heat used to bake them. Unglazed, these tiles are porous and make a great floor because it is very slip resistant.
– Glazed tiles are available in a number of finishes. The ones you want to choose for your bathroom tile design is are the matte or non-slip rough finish. These tiles come in a very high gloss finish as well but these can become quite slippery when wet and not a great choice for floors. If you do want the high gloss appeal, it would be okay to place them around the border of the floor simply for a nice accent.
– Porcelain tile – most people don’t know this but porcelain tiles are simply ceramic tile that has been baked at much higher temperatures. This effect makes this type of bathroom tile design extremely good for busy areas of your home like the bathroom. The reason is that they are much harder and more durable that regular ceramic tile making them a great choice for bathroom floors.
– Mosaic bathroom tile designs are a slight variation on the quarry tiles mentioned about. These tile designs do show the natural colors of the clay but have color pigments added as well. These types of tile are great if you want that earthy look of natural clay tile but are interested in adding a bit more color that available in nature. These tile designs like the quarry tile can be purchased glazed or natural.
A few tips to consider when buying bathroom tile designs
1. Look around at pictures of bathroom tile designs that you like before going to the tile store
2. Think creatively when deciding how to lay out your pattern. A simple thing like laying the tiles diagonally can add a lot of visual interest.
3. Always always always but more tile than you think you need. You will break some or chip some and you don’t want to risk not being able to find the perfect replacement.
4. If you are thinking of laying the tile yourself, keep in mind that the more intricate your bathroom tile designs the more expertise you will need to get it right.
What Size of Ceramic Flooring Bathroom Tile is right?
The decision of what size of the tiles in your bathroom tile design ultimately comes down to personal choice but there are a few guidelines that you might find useful. Ceramic bathroom floor tiles come in many different sizes ranging from small one inch squares to very large tiles of 2 feet. Typically you want to match the size of the square to the size of the room. Large rooms get large tiles and small rooms get small tiles. The reason for this is that if you use small tiles in a large room it can make the room feel busy and if you use large tiles in a small bathroom it will be overpowering.
Why Choose Ceramic Bathroom Flooring Tile?
There is no doubt that ceramic tiles are the most popular in today’s modern homes because there are so many styles to choose from. Ceramic bathroom tile designs are very durable and easy to clean and when installed properly give any bathroom a beautiful classy look.